Friday, October 17, 2008

I am tired!

So I have decided that there is a point in parenting, perhaps about 2 months in, when you realize you are tired.  It hit me a couple of days ago and I just want to take a nap!  I love my kids but man, I would do anything for a little 2-3 hour nap!  Better yet, a full, 10 hours of night time sleep...maybe one day!  Oh well...all in all, today was a good day though.

This morning started off with a bang, or should I say plop...Avery got up in quite a good mood and drank her milk, after which she said she had to go poo poo.  Anyone who has spoken to us recently knows that Avery is sporadically potty training.  I think that she really does not like having a dirty diaper but does not want to spend the time on the pot-can't really blame her. However, the whole thing is making us a bit nuts, it is time to s**t or get off the pot!  An A.M. B.M. was had by my little one (old pic same concept).

Since we were having such a good morning, Avery and I left Owen and Daddy to sleep and set off into the kitchen to make breakfast...the first try was ableskeever which was a total bust...we opted for chocolate chip pancakes instead.

We also made it our mission to hit the "local" (not really-more like 30 minute drive) pumpkin patch.  The irony of this is that I am allergic to hay and decided that would be the determining factor in the length of our stay.  When I start breaking out in hives we would leave...we managed a hay ride (yep-pretty dumb but anything for my kids) and the petting zoo and one quick ride on the swing and down a slide.  A good day was had by all!  Oh, and check out the kids...they were holding hands.  How cute is that??  And we were going to move Owen's seat so Avery could not kick him and throw things at him.


And because I know enquiring minds want to know, no, Avery did not have a hot dog today.  She asked for one this morning but we never caved and she is on her way to a dog-free existence once again...

No comments: