Monday, October 13, 2008

Am I really doing this???

Ok, so it took a wedding, a dog, and two pregnancy's with subsequent children to actually start one of these.  I am not sure if I am embarrassed or excited, either way, here goes nothing...for all of you who don't know, Avery has started school and I have to admit that although I feel guilty about my joy and relief of her absence on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays (at least until I go back to work), I also feel so sad that she is gone.  This morning was the first time I dropped her off by myself with Owen in tow.  Whom ever said that adding a second child is like adding three more was SO right.  I was lucky I remembered her bedding (we have to take it home every week), her "blankie", her milk and water sippy cups, and lunch...but wait, it is Monday, pizza, thank God.  Whom ever came up with that plan was brilliant.  Poor Owen's head bobbed back and forth in his infant seat while I herded Avery into her classroom, signed her in and said good bye.  But wait, there was something I wanted to tell her teacher, now what was it???  Oh, "Avery has a ..." and before I could even finish my sentence, realized, she was not the only one, it was like a snotty nose convention, every child in the play yard (all of four others) had a nice greenish river of snot flowing out of their respective nostrils!  Great, the first "pre-school cold'...I am sure there will be more to come.  Well, off to bed before feeding time again...let's see if I can keep this up!

No comments: