Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Day Two and Going Strong!

Well, perhaps this is a good thing after all.  I have actually been taking photos of my kids.  Anyone who knows me knows I am terrible at remembering to use the camera, that goes for Ian too.  Not a good combo; one of us should be snap happy.  

Today I dropped off and picked up from school.  And let me tell you, the kid I dropped off looked nothing like the kid I picked up...Avery was so crusty it was not even funny; between the faded whiskers that had been painted on her face sometime mid morning-if I had to take a guess (that would not rub off even with the wash cloth in the bath), the amazing amount of fine sand that she must have rolled around in and the snot that had crusted on her face, she was still so excited to see me, it did not even matter.  Oh yeah, don't forget the water spout hair-do that her teacher insists on putting her hair in.  That is perhaps one of the best parts of being  a parent; pick up from school!  
The minute we walked in the door Avery was doing the "Hot Dog Dance".  This child is addicted to hot dogs!  I finally went to Whole Foods and bought her the nitrate free ones but still, how many hot dogs should one child really consume in a week?  Avery has also taken to yoga...Downward Dog is a popular one (the other day her hands slipped and down she went, right on her head-I may be a bad parent for this, but I could not stop laughing).  Perhaps in a last ditch effort to burn off the millions of calories she is consuming in hot dogs (in our defence, it is the only meat she will eat).

On a lighter note, yes, I do have a son, he just does not get as much air time because, well, nothing personal Owen, but he really does not do much.  He has really gotten the hang of smiling though...

2 comments:

jennifer diascro said...

The other day, I pulled woodchips out of Sofia's diaper; she seemed not to notice that they were poking her bottom! Ah, to be young and oblivious! Love the blog! You know how I feel about Avery -- but Owen is TOO cute for words. I miss you all.

Randi said...

I love it Anna. You'll get used to the "crust!" Avery and Owen are so cute. xoxo