Tuesday, April 6, 2010

October 2009

Ok, so I am making a vow to catch everyone up on all things Lowe. So, because I am SO far behind, I figured I would start with the end of Sept/early October and work my way forward. The stories come and go, sorry, but really, I can't remember many.

We went camping at South Carlsbad Beach in North County San Diego the end of Sept. through the beginning of Oct. The weather was just perfect and the kids had a blast! Avery would play at the beach all day long. She loves running in and out of the water. Owen on the other hand, loves the sand, not so much the surf! Look at my little people playing together so well. Urgh, I love them!
Yes, the air was warm but the water was still cold. Avery decided to warm up on daddy. You could not have posed a more perfect picture!
We went to the first birthday party for a very good friend of ours and check out my little hula man! Now that is a costume!
I am not sure whom it was, but someone brought home a nasty cold this month! First Avery had it, then Owen had it, and of course, the rest of us got it in due time. Here is Owen sleeping with daddy.
As you are all aware, Ronna has gotten married, like almost 6 months ago. Needless to say, the shower was at our house amongst the illness. The shower was great, and I would say I can't wait for the wedding but we would know that was a lie...it is long gone!
Ok, one story, I think it was about this time...the preschool was doing "Safety Month" and Ian went in to Avery's Yellow Duck (2 year old) class to show them his gear and explain to the children not to run if they see someone who looks like Big Bird (big yellow turnouts, who else do they look like?) not to run. Anywho, not only was Avery the only one who cried when Ian turned the BA on, but she proceeded to tell her teacher during a 9-1-1 lesson, that you call "God" when you are in trouble. Ok, most of you know, we are the least religious people around, so at first I was horrified. Then we started talking about it and came to the conclusion that Avery meant that if you are in that much trouble you might as well pray cause you are screwed. Such an insightful little person. Ok maybe I am stretching a bit but still...kinda funny.

More to come...

No comments: