Tuesday, April 13, 2010

March 2010 & Today

The month of March was action packed. There will actually be two more posts just for the month's events, this post will just include some general pictures.

Auntie Jen was in town from Virginia so we got to see her. We even made a trip up to the West-Coast-Cousin's house and had a slumber party. Look how cute they all are just sitting there watching, well, pretty much anything that was on.Owen and Molly are the closest in age amongst the Segal-Fallon-Diascro-Lowe cousins but it a close second between her and their Cousin Oliver. Either way, aren't they just so cute. Do we see our daddy's kids or what?Daddy picked the kids up from school one day when it was super hot out and got them ice cream. They make such a mess but aren't they so good? I think that Ian likes to get ice cream to help them eat it. On St. Patrick's Day, landed on a day when I had to go to work and Ian met us as I was running out of the house. He dressed the kids and I had to call him as I was on my way to work to remind him to put them in Green. I had totally forgot! Oops...when Ian went to drop them off they looked very blah in relation to the other kids. He called me on the way over to Target in a mad rush to get anything St. Patty's Day-ish. Here they are after school, again, with some sort of pop. Dad!We are so lucky! Ian's mom and Terry take the kids for slumber parties so that Ian and I get some down time. Especially now that I will be back to work full time, more on that later, being sure that Ian and I are actually home at the same time for more than a day at a time is going to be hit-or-miss. So getting this time together is invaluable. Here are the kids off to Far Mor and TT's house. They have their sleeping bags on their backs and practically ran out of the door!
We have great neighbors. One afternoon Ian was sitting outside and our neighbor Matt walked over and started drinking beers with him in the driveway, ok so kinda white trash but they were having fun, then I got home from getting a much needed mani/pedi and joined them. Inevitably, Avery woke up from her nap and she came out to hang, then our neighbor's wife, Amy, and daughter came over, then Owen woke up...it was a party in the driveway! They stayed for dinner and while dinner was cooking the kids played in the sandbox, and then under the sandbox. This is a picture of my daughter in a cute pink floral dress holding a slug or a worm, she was going back and forth! She loved them. She wanted to kiss them and bring them inside. I did not get a picture of it but Owen kept trying to eat them. Grosssss!Here is Avery at the dinner table wearing Matt's Raider hat. Ok, so he is not the best neighbor in the world, he is a Raider fan. This act almost put Ian into a permanent depression.
Finally, today, just because I don't want to forget, so I had to drop off and pick up the kids today, I had a shorter day, of which I will be making up tomorrow, urgh! I was already tired and feeling like I was coming down with something so I was a little crabby. I was trying to get the kids dressed for school and into the kitchen for breakfast. I had pinned down Avery and was almost done with her clothes. As I was sitting down to put her shoes and socks on I realized I had no clue where Owen was. Usually I close all of the doors in the hallway except for the kids room and then they can run free through the rest of the house. Well, Mr. Lowe had used the restroom last and had not re-closed the door. Avery and I finally figured out he was in the hall bathroom. So I go to open the door and low and behold, it was locked. How the hell did this kid do this??? Ian had had enough forethought to put the unlocker-thingies (no, it looks nothing like a key so don't even say that is what it is) on top of the door frame. I reach up and start sticking what looks like a metal toothpick with a loop at the end through the teeny-tiny hole on the door knob. It won't open. I am starting to panic a little because I have seen what he can do to their room and it is totally kid friendly. I call Ian for pointers and as I am telling him what is going on, "click" the door unlocks. I open the door to this lovely aroma of poo. Great, well he went to the right place. That being said, I actually got the door open and this little toe-headed boy is sitting on the floor in his red fleece footy pjs, reading a book amongst the toilet paper he decorated the entire floor with. I will give him this, he did not proceed to shove it down the toilet, so he had that working in his favor. Either way, it was so hard to be made at him because he looked up at me and said, "el-fa-lent", he was reading the "Everybody Farts [Toots] book" that totally has an elephant on it. That kid is so fricken cute! So, from that point forward, the morning went off without a hitch. I got the kids to school, even remembered to write down all of the kids names in Avery's class (birthday party this year is to include her classmates-s**t). I got to work and whatever, things as usual. But gosh darn it, how the hell did I lose the sheet of paper that I wrote all the names down on and well, my shopping list for Thursday. Crap, I emailed the school but they did not know where it was when I picked the kids up this afternoon. And I know, most of you are saying, just write it down again. Well, Ian is dropping her off and picking her up tomorrow, which means he will totally forget to get the list of names, which means I will have to wait for next week to get the names to write them on the invitations, etc...Anywho...so typical for me these days. So, I had a couple of meetings in the am and through lunch. I had an ENT appointment in the afternoon, where I spent over an hour and a half to have the doctor tell me I needed tubes again. Randi, Zach is in good company if I do say so myself. Needless to say, this will be my second round. Super so fun! I got back to work just in time to check my email, schedule a few more meetings...my life is meetings, and leave to go pick up the kids. I first go to get Owen and the teacher says to me, he did not cough at all...what?? The kid kept us up all night coughing and kicked my numerous times (I had to bring him into our bed because we did not want him to wake Avery). I digress for a moment, but why do kids migrate towards mom? Ian was in the bed and has been in the bed multiple times in the past where I bring one of the kids in for one reason or another and he will have no clue. That would be because whom ever it is has decided they need to not only sleep next to me but on my pillow and typically with a limb pressed into my middle. A couple of weeks ago Avery snuck in and I did not even notice I was so tired. I woke right up when I got smacked in the face though. That was a good time. Anyway, crap, now I totally forgot where I was going with this very long story...good day overall. Tired and time for bed. And yes, to all of you who are interested, Owen has been coughing for the last 2 hours.

No comments: