Monday, November 10, 2008

Lots to do so little time...2

Ok, this would be the second installment of the two part saga of the last couple of weeks...post our return from NY, Avery got pretty sick so no school, which is a real bummer for me mostly.  We all survived but not without getting whatever Avery had.  We hung out and it even rained on the road to recovery so it felt like we were not missing out on much being stuck at home.
For whatever reason, my son always looks a bit shocked.  I guess I can't blame him considering his company.

I also turned 30 this last week and we decided to have a party to commemorate the occasion.  A lot of planning was done by myself and good ol' Ronna, or Monna if you are Avery.  One of the nights she was over my mom also came over to help chase after the kids and hang out...
Avery's favorite song these days is a modified version of "If You Are Happy And You Know It", I thought that you all should be rewarded for reading this fine work of literature with a little "Happy" (don't mind my lovely voice) from one of those "planning" evenings.

Finally, I will conclude our blog for the last couple of weeks with a story from our evening "showie".  Avery and I took a shower to, well, get us both clean.  It is actually really fun, she loves the water and her "friends" in the shower and I can kill two birds with one stone.  Anyway, so there I am shampooing my hair when I look down to see Avery squatting, which is not out of the ordinary, however...something was not quite right...crap, no really, crap!  Avery was taking a poo in the showie!  I was yelling for Ian to get a little help because I had shampoo dripping down my face.  He never came-he could not hear me-whatever!  Anyway, I turned off the water, grabbed "Ora" (the Dora potty seat) and threw her on there.  I then took the two breast pads that I had taken off prior to jumping in the shower and used them to pick up the log on my shower floor.  We have Bleach Wipes in every bathroom, and I used them to clean the poo-spots and then turned the shower back on to rinse all of the nasty away.  All the while, no more poop from Avery, we got back in the shower and proceeded to complete the task at hand.  No photos of this event for obvious reasons.

Anyway, I hope you all feel as if you have participated in the last couple weeks of craziness.  I go back to work in a week, not sure how I feel about that but I will do what has to be done. 

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Oh no in the shower? Anna your stories are HILARIOUS! It was good to see you, see you later this week too.

Melissa said...

Between the singing video and the poo in the showie story- I feel like a part of the family! Thank you, I love it!