Sunday, November 30, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Well, I have to say that Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday; it does not get much better than friends, family, good food.  It was always our family's biggest holiday.  Ian worked this year and I was really nervous about making mashed potatoes for 16 (my speciality) and getting both kids dressed, myself dressed and all of us over to my moms house-but it all just worked out. 
Avery also decided to demonstrate proficient she has gotten at climbing up and down off the couch.  I know that she has done this before, but she actually had confidence in herself now...not good.  Nothing is sacred.  I had to change Owen's diaper and left Avery in the living room (as I often do) and went and changed Owen's diaper and clothes.  I came back and she was on the couch-had changed the channel on the TV, was drinking water from my water bottle and looked as if she was texting-possibly somewhere in the middle east.  Great!
I then decided to give Avery her new favorite breakfast, Oatmeal!  She loves to eat it herself, urgh, what a sticky mess!
We did make it to my mom's house and I have to say that I was so nervous about drinks being left low and Avery running amuck and getting wasted off low-lying booze.  Nope-no tanked toddler and in fact, everyone was so helpful I can't thank everyone enough.  Everyone wanted to hold Owen and Avery really is so much fun (just requires a little extra watching-she can get into most anything).

The following day Ian was home and we went to the park with the kids, I was really cold!  But Avery had a blast and daddy ran all over with her.  It was a great weekend.

No comments: